Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Continued History of To The Lions - Part 1.5 of 3

So where were we? Ah yes, Brad and Matt fighting in the basement of the Oak Tree Diner in 1995. I'm pretty sure at one point someone was stabbed with a pool cue, I'm not sure though, I was 16 at the time and high on lsd.

So 1995 was an important year for myself, Sparkie, Sparkles, Spanky, Spooky, Sparkler, XSPARKMARKERX, Sparkly Brown, Senior Montoya Sparklebons. This was the first year I was able to finally assemble a band to call my own. I single handedly recruited some younger kids from my high school who were in need of some direction and leadership in the ways of hardcore music. Enter the most infamous (although not yet) message board poster of all time, Gordie Ball, and Rob Blyth. When I met them they were in a band called "The Evil Cheese". Fucking shit. What a couple of fags. So I set them straight and told them they now have a new singer and their band is called "Enter the Dragon"!!!!

This was the best thing to ever happen to these guys and I'm glad I helped them out. If you never heard Enter the Dragon you obviously are stupid and ugly. I will post one of our biggest hits shortly that was called "Trampoline Girl" that had the sickest chorus of CHARRED, BLACK, DEATH!!!! Actually if anyone has the demo please email me I sold mine on ebay for $250. Anyways where was I? Oh right, Enter the Dragon was probably the biggest band in Southern Ontario in 1996. So big in fact we got kicked off Cleveland Fest that year because they were worried we'd bring too much trouble. That's right - CLEVELAND. So after about 8 months of totally tearing it up Gordie "Tears" Ball quit the band and we tried going on but our replacement guitarist was a christian and too fucking happy all the time it really pissed me off, so I was like fuck this I'm done. If you have the means to pick up an Enter the Dragon demo I highly recommend it, it is so choice.

Stay tuned for the next installment of the continued history of To The Lions where I will further discuss and show examples of myself wearing stupid necklaces, baggy pants and tshirts that were made for really fat people. As well I will explore Chris Danner's role in the Southern Ontario hardcore scene as the manager of Lick's and how he brought the truly vegetarian nature burger into existence.


No comments: