Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Buried treasure

In the process of cleaning up my basement I found a CD called "Grade Demo's '99". I have seen this Cd on my shelf for years and for some reason thought it was backup of songs I demo'd in ProTools for Headfirst. Still I wanted to listen to them 'cause I'm sure my demos sounded better than the horrible mix on that CD. I was honestly shocked to realize it was 6 demo songs we recorded before the Under the Radar recording sessions. I don't actually hate any of our records, but there are lots of things I don't like about them. On UTR it's the guitar sound. Where it should sound heavy and full, it sounds like Greg's playing in a tincan. The guitar's on these demo's really sound 100 times better. Way more raw and powerful. The songs themselves are a litle rough sounding and there were a few parts I'd completely forgotten about that we eventually changed on the album versions, but overall I like these songs again... a lot.

The Inefficiency of Emotion
Triumph and Tragedy
The Worst Lies Are Told in Silence
The Tension Between Stillness and Motion
When Something Goes To Your Head

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome. thanks for posting these!

Anonymous said...

So rad! The fast shit in The Worst Lies... blew my mind! My Under The Radar CD is bitched - sratched to shit and I haven't been able to listen to it for months... maybe even a year now. This definitely filled the void.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaah! re-up please?