Friday, November 25, 2005

0-10

So I was reading Sparks post about the history of the band and the part where Jones yells "football jocks suck" or something of that respect and I started laughing. First off Jones is one of the better athletes I know and also the closest football jock clone I have ever met. Not a bad thing at all. The guy pulls in some pretty decent trim! Anyhow it brings me to my point today. When I was younger I was a hockey nut. I played in leagues every year from when I was 5 to 16. It was around the age of 16 that I figured out that hockey and metal music didn't mix. I was listening to the Misfits and Maiden and Celtic Frost and those bands would never dream of playing hockey. So I quit. For the next 12 years I would roam the world as a rock god. Drinking and smoking and whatever else. Killing my body to the point of no return. Now at the age of 28 I decided to step on the ice again. What happened? Well I fell back in love with the sport I should never have left. I felt at a young age that there was no way I could mix hardcore and hard hits. Well all those years of partying and rocking took its toll on my game and I realized I would never play in the shape I was in. So..........I quit smoking. I've been clean for over a year now. I rarely drink anymore (ha), and I'd like to think I'm healthy. Well I did all this purely for Hockey. So once again another positive plus for sports! So what does this all mean???? Well kids, don't ever think you have to put all your eggs in one basket. Love something for the fact of what it is, not for the stereotypes, not for anyone else but yourself.

PS my team the Burlington Rhinos is 0-10 for the season this year. We just can't win a game. However I'm out with my friends and family sharing some memories that will last forever. If your ever in Burlington on a Wednesday night stop by the Wave ice centre and check out a game. Music and sports...............it can mix.

Mosh
Brad

2 comments:

Sparkie said...

YOU STOPPED DRINKING BECAUSE I'D FEED YOU TO THE FIRESTORM IF YOU DIDN'T

XXX STRAIGHT EDGE REVENGE XXX

PS YES I AM STILL 16

Sparkie said...

Dr. Pepper?