Monday, March 10, 2008

Oh my(space), what a week!


Yes as you can see, last week was a big one. Looks like our 5 shows in 2007 really got us noticed!

I’m not a big fan of myspace, even though I lurk our own page 3 times a day (oh man that guitar player with tattoos – SO HOT!) Anyways, I feel as a jaded hardcore kid over 30, it is my responsibility to show everyone younger than me what it was like getting into hardcore when I was 14, and how what it’s like now sucks and that it’s not as ‘core’ as it was 15+ years ago.


This is me now reenacting what I was doing 14 years ago. If I had my way I would be holding my 1 page photocopied Revelation Records flyer/catalogue but I couldn’t find it. Slipknot? Early COC meets late COC?? WTF?? So this is the one and only Very Distribution catalogue November 1994, with none other than Outspoken on the cover. So this is the way it went. Basically since there was no myspace to lurk from band to band, we (kids born around the Oilers dynasty) had to go either by word of mouth or by descriptions. For example: Statue “Filtering the Infection” – excellent melodic stuff with a big D.C. influence, with a rockish, some say Jane’s Addictionish, feel to it. Very original & well put together stuff. If you care, it features ex-members of Chain of Strength – UHHH YES I CARE – SOLD!!!


So then we’d fill out our 1 page form with all the releases (get your friends in on it to save postage!) And wait wait wait until finally that big box arrived in the mail and you’d open it up just to find out half the releases you picked weren’t there and they just sent you whatever the hell they felt like.

So there you go a little trip down memory lane, and considering we are playing with Strife, I thought I’d give the description for One Truth from ’94.

Strife “One Truth”: the wait is over! Now it’s finally here. Quite a few people have agreed that it’s the best straight edge hardcore record in a long, long time. Hmmmm. (Victory).

Ok that wasn’t really funny so until next time I leave you with a very important question:

No comments: