Sunday, February 24, 2008

Full Speed Ahead!

So if you’ve been lurking the myspace (YES MYSPACE WE ARE NOW ON MYSPACE) you’ll notice we have more shows set up in a 2 month period then we did for all of 2007. This is complete insanity. In fact it has me a little freaked out because I really need to pull myself to together physically for all of these appearances that I’ll be making (with my band). I have come up with a four point plan in order to get myself ready to be the best lead vocalist in hardcore.

Ok here they are in order from 1-4
#1 - Exercise
#2 – New clothes
#3 – Hair and Skin treatment
#4 – Diet

I think people would be pretty interested to see how this all comes together so I’m going to take you through a journey of how I am getting my self in top shape – a blogging reality tv show (that’s not on tv) if you will. Tonight’s episode follows me on the path to a supremely tip top DIET!

*CUE THEME SONG FOR MY REALITY BLOG – TEARS FOR FEARS – EVERYBODY WANTS TO RULE THE WORLD*

This past Friday my new diet began. I was taken to try some authentic asian fare in the north side of Toronto. Some of you may have eaten at this fine dining establishment known as THE MANDARIN.


Now I have not eaten here in over 10 years but thank goodness nothing has changed! Seriously. Nothing. Same food, décor and even the same rabble rousers I recall eating here – yes 85 year old women and 10 year old kids – that demographic that wants to stretch a $10 all you can eat buffet to the max. Well, as I paroozed through the food some of it stood out more than others, for example:

ONION RINGS!


FRENCH FRIES!!!


And my favorite asian side –
PICKLES!!!


Ok I know what you’re thinking – Spark, this shit ain’t Asian, and it sure ain’t healthy!! For a moment I thought the same thing, BUT, upon further reflection into Asian culture I realized that maybe they are onto something here. I looked into the Taoist teachings of Lao Tzu who asks us to “go with the flow” and instead of doing things the hard way find the easy, simple way to accomplish our goals – in essence “do by not doing”.

I can’t believe all these years it never occurred to me. It is so obvious - I shall eat healthy – BY NOT EATING HEALTHY. After three helpings of all of the above, two helpings of dessert, and since that day 2 pizzas, a 2-4 of Lakeport, and 2 boxes of Lucky Charms I can honestly say I feel 150% better, no lie. Tonight I had ice cream for dinner and it was fucking delicious.

ICE CREAM RULZ!

No comments: