Sunday, May 13, 2007

FOOTIE FOOTIE FOOTIE


That's right, I said it - FOOTIE - better than "soccer" if you ask me.
It was the weekend of football. Canada's under 20s were making Toronto FC look bad but I had high hopes come saturday and OH MOMMA did they come through!! Having grown up in the Toronto area I've seen every major franchise play, seen the Jays clinch, the raptors first win etc ... but I swear I've never seen a crowd go completely bananas over a single goal. TFC fans put every other team to shame. Do I want to be shushed at a jays game by some dick in front of me who's keeping stats in his program? PASS. Do I want to spend $100 for shit seats and watch the leafs ... well yeah, but do I want to watch the Argos in a half emtpy stadium? NO. Raptors are pretty sweet but still - I've never thrown so much shit onto the pitch or sworn or sang at any of those games, or high fived everyone around me for a regular season game. I was into it before but now i'm sold this team rules and so does the stadium and so do the fans - DICHIO FOR MAYOR!!!

And yes I was drunk for that last post and for the game but i'm 99% sure that had nothing to do with it.

No comments: